An Emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
In order to ensure that our students are prepared to be successful in STEM areas, ADS is emphasizing STEM resources and learning opportunities that will foster students’ critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The newly functioning computer lab with high-speed Wi-Fi holds 18 computers.
- In the Robotics Lab for 4th to 8th grades, students use logic and reason to understand problems and develop solutions. Students are utilizing Lego education sets to construct machines that they put into motion with the code they write in Scratch.
- The middle school science integrated lab-classroom, supplied with advanced resources, will be utilized to support the development of essential science process skills and facilitate an environment of inquiry.
- ADS teachers utilize smart board technology to aid instruction.
- There are at least 1 desktop computer in each classroom.
- There are 15 netbooks that teachers can check out and utilize in their classrooms.
- New mathematics manipulatives have been purchased this year.