Our advanced Mathmatics program prepares our students to be problem solvers and think about math in a new and different way. Our learning objectives include:
- Making sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Reasoning abstractly and quantitatively
- Constructing viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Modeling with mathematics
- Using appropriate tools strategically
- Attending to precision
- Looking for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
The middle school science curriculum prepares our students to think in complex ways, to apply skills and knowledge to new situations, and create solutions to problems using science and engineering practices. To prepare students to be scientifically literate and to think more critically, a student needs to realize that science is a way of understanding the world by:
- Asking questions
- Testing ideas through prediction and experimentation
- Observing and analyzing relevant data
- Communicating findings and further refining ideas
- Exploring the implications of science on social, economic and political systems
Our reading and writing intensive progam seeks to transform our students into expert communicators. Our program is arranged into four different domains:
- Reading strategies give students tools to acquire and improve reading skills.
- The writing process guides writing skills development.
- Speaking and listening skills are enhanced through oral presentations, group discussion and paired student activities.
- Media literacy skills are developed through analysis of media influence and evaluation of media bias.
Our program guides our students to become world citizens by employing a wide variety of learning objectives that include:
- Exploring the history of the United States and the World around them
- Exploring the history of the United States government and how it has shaped the ideas, principals, and beliefs of the United States
- Analyzing the economics of the United States and how it relates to the world around them
- Analyzing the development of civilizations over time and the relationships between the past and present
- Exploring different cultures that make up the world by connecting with students from these groups